Sunday, July 1, 2012

Swing, Swing

NOW SELLING THIS COAT ON MY EBAY!


http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181231678895


Its the first of July today and of course my head's buried in the leaves (bad autumn joke). I wanted to share a look I've been diggin' since I picked up this awesome vintage suede coat! Defintite score. It was one of those pieces that you definitely have to have some imagination and creativity to see its potential right off the bat. So many things look unimaginably frumpy or old-lady-ish if you can't see them for what they could be. I had an idea of how I'd wear it, but its been fun checking out  my favorite street style blogs for inspiration as to how to rock cape coats/ swing coats, whatever we're going to call these. One thing I found, however, was that they definitely look best in neutral colors. With their unique silhouette and potential to make you look a lot heavier than you are, bright colors or patterns should be avoided for most people. Too much crazy business goin' on. I did include a few colored or patterned ones, but they were definitely exceptions to the rule. Also because of their imposing silhouette, I believe they should be worn with heels if possible. Keeping your legs long and streamlined with help protect you from looking stumpy or tent-like.


 Image


Instagram pic. Leathers by New England suede cape coat


Image


Levi's black skinny jeans. Forever 21 white long sleeve teeshirt. 


Image


Image


Image


Image


Thrifted black leather purse. Unmarked


Image


Image


Marc Jacobs watch


Image


Heart rocks eye guitar string bangle (I made it!) and labradorite on guitar string ring.


Image


Image


Between these jeans and these heels, I seriously need a lint roller, I know. 


Image


Big Buddha suede peeptoe wedge. 


Now here's some photos I gathered of the look.


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Beware prints and colors.


Image


Image


LOVE this coat! And her hair. Simply adorable.


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


PS


Here's some random shots I took yesterday that I was too lazy to do a full post on. I've been itchin' to share this sweater I got last fall at forever 21. Its SO comfortable. I can't even begin to explain how cozy it is. And the neck is so unique. It would have fit with my post on organic shapes, but I forgot. I call it my jump rope sweater because if you unwind the neck its so big you can jump rope with it. I'm an idiot, I know, lol. I saw a girl wearing it around campus when I was at SU, so I had to go downtown and find it.


Image


Sorry for the bad quality. 


Image


Style & company velvet leggings. 


Image


H&M white knit tank top.


Image


And this little lovely was a present from my sister. She commutes back and forth from the island and seattle (just for this summer) and she brought this pretty little piece back home for me!


Like Phantasmagoria on Facebook and follow on Pinterest! And me, Emily, on twitter


http://www.facebook.com/phantasmagoriastyle


http://pinterest.com/phantasmagoria5/


@_redvelvet5


No comments:

Post a Comment