Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Back to the Gypsy

Sorry for the lack of posts, I’ve been in an inspirational funk. Blogger’s block, if you will. I’ve been spending lots of time in the sand, beach combing for agates and feathers and all number of gross dead things I could potentially make into jewelry. My preferred playlist has been Stevie Nicks lately, so I decided what was more appropriate than to do a post paying homage to the icon herself, one of the godmothers of modern Goth, Ms. Nicks. Hence the post title choice. I’ve been perusing etsy for all things taxidermy and macabre after I started making jewelry from deer bones I’d collected, so I think it all fits in with this Gypsy-punk bohemian look I’m attempting to celebrate with today’s post.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

All photos above from Hardcouture’s “Modern Gypsy” lookbook

Imagecoachies.jpg10 coachies.jpg2.jpg5 coachies.jpg11 coachies.jpg12 coachies coachies.jpg4

Image

All the polyvore set’s I’ve included here were random findings. I was too lazy to make any myself.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Shopbop’s “Modern Gypsy” collection from a few years back

Image

And the eclectic diva herself, Stevie Nicks. Her big hair, shawls, fringe, leather and lace (pun intended) all make her one of the best dressed songstresses of the 20th century in my opinion.

Image

Image

Image

Image

freespiritsflowerchildren22 freespiritsflowerchildren21 freespiritsflowerchildren25

Image

Image

Image

I am OBSESSED with these Dsquared spine heels. They are a little out of my price range, but holy crap. Have you ever seen a shoe like this? Someone find me a cheaper option or a knockoff, I’ll love you forever!

Some weirdo jewelry I made this week. None of it is affiliated with heart rocks eye. All my own materials, designs and findings.

Image

Most of the jewelry I've made this week. Minus a few pieces. I've had a lot of time to kill. I've had fun cutting up leather bags and wrapping things up in wire.

Image

my bone single earring collection. Beautiful, gross, and fun to make

Image

Other singles & pairs I made. Amber, feathers, crystals, leather- all kinds of funky junk

Image

So yeah, I'm aware of how worn out the whole feather earring trend is, but what better way to use up the hundreds of freaking peacock feathers I bought for some stupid reason my sophomore year of high school. I probably wont rock them much, if at all. but they're still pretty and fun to look at. Maybe I'll start an etsy shop or something. I bought this super uggo rose gold belt at the thrift store that I'm getting major milage out of by upcycling. And the stone on the hoop earring is a rare find that I've been keeping an eye out for- beach stones with holes in them. Its surprising how hard to find these are.

This next part I am SO excited to share with you all! My first photoshoot-esque thing. Its not a real photoshoot, obviously. But I convinced my beautiful sister to play dress up with me and let me take pictures of her in Stevie Nicks/Modern Gypsy - inspired outfits I picked out. I wanted to create some Welsh Witch looks that were still wearable, so I skipped any crazy gowns or platform boots, but I think you'll see the gypsy peeking through. She wasn't thrilled with all of them (our fashion senses vary A LOT) but boy did she look bangin' in them! I can't wait to get some feedback on these outfits, as it is my first styling project on someone else for the blog. I want to give a HUGE thank you to my amazing sister- I know these looks were not her style, but she was so patient with me. Oh and more shameless plugging- all jewelry she's wearing was made by me! Enjoy!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

No comments:

Post a Comment