Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sherpa Chic

   Love these days when I have enough motivation to go overboard! Second post of the day! I was in town today shopping since it's my day off and I stopped in at "Be Chic" a local boutique that usually carries pieces catering to a more mature crop of women, but living here you can't be picky, and with a good eye you'd be surprised with what you might find. Anyways since the prices are usually a little unsettling at the few and far between clothing shops here in FH (a whopping 3 if you include the thrift store, maybe 4 but Sandpebble doesn't count in my mind), I darted back to their sale annex and was DELIGHTED to come across something I've been wanting for a while now. Shearling vests and shearling everything else were oozing from the stores this fall, but I never could convince myself to buy anything, wanting to save for a nicer quality, real leather piece that didn't look like pleather sewn onto a scrap of shag carpet. Fate brought this baby to me when I saw it on sale for TEN dollars (marked down from 87). I assumed there were defects but the sales woman assured me there weren't, it was just left over from a massive 70% off sale. There were some brown and creme ones, but the black called to me. My roommate at SU and I looked at an amazing one at Nordstrom last fall that was super expensive, but to my delight it looked EXACTLY like this one. Real lambskin. Gahhhh it is so soft! Can you tell I'm excited. I like the look of these with a long sleeve under them or with a jacket over them. I know I took photos of it on bare-armed, but vests with exposed arms just have this icky muscle-tee look thats a little to masculine for my taste. I want to look for the perfect jacket to layer it with, but for now I just put on my denim jacket.


Image


Echo lambskin sherpa vest


Image


Not exactly how I would have worn it, but I was already wearing the shirt and skirt and I thought they looked decent enough. Definitely would look better with pants


Image


Levi's denim jacket. Charlotte Russe mini skirt. H&M tank


ImageImage


Image


Forever 21 brass bar necklace.


Image


Image


Image


Image


I also wanted to share this "bracelet" that my boy found on South Beach and gave to me. He jokingly picked it up, wet and sandy, and declared I should wear it as a bracelet. So I did, and it looked so darn cool I decided to keep it. I kinda want to sink it in some resin or coat it with something. Anyways it looks so cool and unique, and was totally free!


Image


Image

Guitar string bangle I made. Rockin' all sustainable/up-cycled jewelry here!


Like Phantasmagoria on Facebook and follow on Pinterest! And me, Emily, on twitter


http://www.facebook.com/phantasmagoriastyle


http://pinterest.com/phantasmagoria5/


@_redvelvet5


No comments:

Post a Comment