Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Silverado

Image

It's a lovely sunny day in the San Juans today (besides the wind) so I decided to brave the world in a short dress today. I have a habit of dressing inappropriately for the given weather conditions (I wear flip flops literally every single day) so a little chill doesn't bother me. I've been itching to wear this silver dress I picked up at a local consignment shop, Second Act, about four months ago. Finally the weathers nice enough that I can wear it without tights to compliment my hardly noticeable (but still there!) tan. I decided to include a piece-by-piece photo collection again as well for the same reason as I expressed in the previous post. Not all the pieces are exactly what I'm wearing, but I tried to find similar ones.

Image

H&M Divided Black blazer. EverythingClothes.net Event Fitted Long Sleeve Scoop Neck Back Zipper Mini. Dealpulp neon knit and frayed coral scarf. Steve madden platform cage heels.

Image

Phosphor Appear sqarovski crystal watch in white. Calypso St. Barth for Target 3 row coil bracelet. Forever 21 Fall leaves necklace. H&M neon bead bracelets.

Image


Image

H&M Divided black blazer. H&M neon coral scarf. Saks Fifth Avenue "The Works" silver sweater (wearing as a mini). Forever 21 Double flower pendant necklace. silver coil bracelet (other arm, not pictured) from the Rastro in Madrid, Spain.  

Image

Phosphor appear watch. H&M bead neon bracelets. 

Image

Jessica Simpson zip cage heels.

This (for me, at least) is an easy, wearable style. Despite heels always being tricky to totter around in. I like to keep my outfits very fun, youthful, and sexy. I'm taking advantage of the fact that I'm still young and get away with neon, barely-there hemlines, and sky-high heels :) Something that's always irked me about fashion is that because of many trends these days, its hard to find a balance between being fashion forward but retaining your femininity and sex appeal. I know these are not necessarily important aspects to every person's style, but it is to mine. So many styles now have an almost androgenous element to them, that I feel ridiculous trying to mask my curves in little boy's clothes. I try to find pieces and looks that excite me, and I still feel flashy or zany wearing, but that compliment what mother nature gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment